At the Istishari Hospital our medical and professional teams are fully aware of the anxiety that patients experience when they have a medical issue. To better benefit from your medical appointment, there are several things you can do to prepare yourself prior to the visit with your physician. Better preparation will allow you to get the most out of the time that you and your doctor have together, and may lessen some of your concerns.
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT, YOU MAY WANT TO CONSIDER
- Making a list of all the questions that you want to ask
- What your goals and objectives are Making a list of all of the symptoms you are currently having or experienced
- Bringing a comprehensive list of your medications, including any OTC medicines, herbal treatments, vitamins or anything else that you might be taking. Bring pill bottles if you're not sure what you're taking
- Mentally preparing for both good and bad news. It's important to be realistic when visiting the doctor
- Bringing a friend or a family member to the appointment is often a good idea, especially when potentially stressful information is going to be discussed
- Bringing old and recent medical records, including lab tests, X-rays, and other radiological tests
- Being frank with your doctor about your medical history so that you may receive the best possible care
It is important to note that doctors are here to help you, be sure to ask any question or discuss any medical issue that is on your mind since every question or piece of information is a valid one. At Istishari Hospital we work diligently to make your experience with us positive and reassuring.